Prescribing Tips and Tools
The following prescribing tips and tools are available, to prescribers for each of the Preferred Drugs and for the New Oral Anticoagulants (NOACs). The information is summarised in a clear, concise prescribing tool to enable prescribers to prescribe medicines safely and appropriately.
Please click on the link below to access the Prescribing Tips and Tools.
- ACE - prescribing tips for Ramipril
- ARB - prescribing tips for Candesartan
- PPI - prescribing tips for Lansoprazole
- SNRI - prescribing tips for Venlafaxine
- SSRI - prescribing tips for Citalopram
- Statins - prescribing tips for Simvastatin
- NOAC - prescribing tips for NOACs
- Urology incontinence, Urinary frequency and OAB
- Beta Blockers - prescribing tips for bisoprolol
- Calcium channel blockers - prescribing tips for amlodipine
- Management of Asthma - prescribing tips
- Management of COPD - prescribing tips
- Versatis Tips and Tools
Information for prescribers
Antibiotic use in Primary Care
In conjunction with the HCAI AMR Clinical Care Programme, which looks at ways to reduce antibiotic resistance, the MMP recommends prescribers in primary care to refer to www.antibioticprescribing.ie for advice on appropriate antibiotic choice. The MMP and HCAI AMR clinical programme recommend the following Prescribing Tips and Tools for antibiotic use in primary care.
In conjunction with the National Clinical Programme for Rheumatology the MMP has developed prescribing and dispensing tips for the use of oral methotrexate in primary care.
Source: Prescribing Tips and Tools (HSE)